So, if you are probably already freaking out, when everyone is only talking about Coronavirus , then here’s what you can do, besides washing your hands with soap:
1. Don’t panic! because stress is number one factor for creating other health issues, including lowering immunity, so if you feel the stress building up, switch your attention to things that can help you relax. Meditate. Listen to music. Have a hobby. Anything that can help you keep busy, but also relaxed. I just started a new puzzle the other day 😉
2. Eat plenty of vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds, which will provide your body with the nutrients your immune system needs.
Ditch the processed foods. A poor diet of unhealthy, processed foods filled with additives compromises your immune function and health. Eat plenty of antioxidant-rich whole foods such as broccoli, blueberries, cherries, citrus fruits, peppers, green leafy vegetables, pumpkin, and sweet potatoes. Use avocado oil, coconut oil, and olive oil instead of highly refined vegetable oils.
Start Consuming Mushrooms! Mushroom are nature’s way of breaking down the organic matters to convert it into fertile soil. One of the healthiest food on the planet, mushrooms are rich in essential nutrients and minerals. Some of the mushrooms that are really good for immune systems are — A Turkey tail mushroom, Maitake and Shiitake Mushrooms, Tremella Mushrooms.
Also,go for the garlic! Garlic is a broad-spectrum antimicrobial agent and immune booster. Because heat deactivates a key active ingredient, add it to foods just before serving.
3. Catch some rays! Sunlight triggers the skin’s production of vitamin D. In the summer, a 10-15 minute exposure (minus sunscreen) is enough.
4. Exercises! Physical activity may help flush bacteria out of the lungs and airways and the brief rise in body temperature during and right after exercise may prevent bacteria from growing
5. Limit alcohol intake Excessive consumption impairs the immune system and increases vulnerability to lung infections.
6. Quit smoking! Smoking harms the immune system and can make the body less successful at fighting disease.This increases the risk for several immune and autoimmune disorders (conditions caused when the immune system mistakenly attacks the body’s healthy cells and tissues).
7. Get a good night sleep! Sleep deprivation and stress overload increase the hormone cortisol, prolonged elevation of which suppresses immune function.
8. Look into herbs and supplements and consider probiotics. Studies indicate supplements reduce the incidence of respiratory and gastrointestinal infections. Fermented milk products have also been shown to reduce respiratory infections in adults and kids. Ginseng is well known for strengthening the body’s immunity for centuries, and can be added in many foods, drinks, and I even enjoy Ginger Chews!
Elderberry is known to enhance immune function and has been used in folk medicine for generations to relieve colds, coughs, and congestion. The flowers and tiny dark berries of this native shrub are used to make healing herbal teas, syrups, or steeped in vinegar for medicinal use.
9. Maintain a healthy weight! Excess fat around the abs can turn the body’s defense system against you.
10. Stay Smart-hydrated!
Drink lemon water! Start your morning with a glass of lemon water to boost immune function and keep you hydrated. Fresh lemons are loaded with antioxidants, vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium. Simply squeeze the juice of one lemon in a glass of filtered water and drink it down each morning.
Go for the Green! tea, it has antioxidant, antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-fungal properties which work to strengthen your natural immune defenses. Aim for two 8-ounce cups per day.
Sip some bone broth! Bone broth is an excellent source of minerals and amino acids which work to bolster immune response, fight infection, and inflammation, and assist in healing.
TOP | SWEATER(thrifted) | JEANS(thrifted) |BOOTS(old) | BAG
One Comment Add yours
Love this, these are all great tips. I’ve found catching some rays, exercising and keeping to a good routine has been really helpful x
LikeLiked by 1 person